This law is a powerful law and it is capable of improving or completing destroying your business. No wonder they said that whatever you truly believe with feeling becomes your reality. You belief acts like filter for information that is inconsistent with them. In one of my my poems “Believe’” I talked about the power of believe along with its good and bad side. You reject information that contradicts what you have already decided to believe, whether or not your beliefs, your prejudice are based on facts or fantasy.
The worst belief you can have are “self-limiting beliefs” these occurs whenever you believe yourself to be limited in some way, so you have to be careful with your belief even in your business.
Self limiting beliefs could be thinking that others are superior to you in some way, that your business w ill never g row. These self-limiting beliefs act like brakes on your potentials; they hold you back and generate the two greatest enemy of success which are- doubt and fear. These enemies luck you up and your daily with paralysis of the mind i.e. cause you to hesitate to take intelligent risk in business.
To break from the shackles of this limiting belief you must reflect any though or suggestion that you are limited in any way. Accept the belief that you are “no limit” person.
Sometime ago, I fell into the mental trap that if you are faced constantly with problems so numerous that you tend to ask, God why me? It means that your sins are after you or God is no more with you. This belief stayed with me for years till I broke out. I realized that God does not punish us and that He was loves us. Well don’t start thinking that I am a pastor right now but I am just telling you what held me back and made me wet my bed because it limited me badly.
The fact remains that nobody is better than you and that is what you belief could cause great harm on you. To win you most challenge every self limiting beliefs that are holding you back weather in business, peer group, at home, office or in your community. You need an honest feedback of someone who knows you well. Meet someone who know you well, it could be you dad, mm, best friend. Ask the person if he or she sees what might be causing you to perform below your potential its. What you might get may pierce your heart painfully but it is mid from doubt and fear. Don’t be scared even though they are vampires, the magic sword, cross or even the so-called holy water is there along with the silver bullets. So aim fire and killed that vampire that is limiting you. Both is your personal life and business
How do I achieve my goals? Well its easy
Step 1 Be specific: Decide what exactly you want, to achieve, is it that you want to increase you income or improve your skill. You have to be clear about it.
Step 2 Write it down: A goal not written down is like cigarette smoke which has no force. It drift away and disappears. It like a ship without rubber. But written goal become something you can see, touch and read.
Step 3 Set Deadlines: Deadlines serves as forcing system” in your brain. Pick a reasonable time period and write down the date you want to achieve that goal. Just as you, get more done when you are under pressure. You subconscious work faster and efficiently when you have decided to achieve a goal by specific time.
The rule is “ there are no unrealistic goals’ there are only unrealistic deadlines
If you don’t achieve your deadline simply set another this is for those who would ask, “what would you do if you don’t achieve your goal by your deadline?
Step 4 Make a list of everything you can think of that you could possibly do to achieve your goal.
Henry Ford said,”the biggest goal can be accomplished if your break it down into enough small steps”.
- Make a list of people whose cooperation and support you will require to achieve you goal.
- Make a list of everything that you can think that you will have to do. Keep writing till its complete
Step 5 Organize you list by both sequence and priority.
Step 6 Take action on your plan immediately. Get going and don’t turn back, keep telling yourself that you can not give up now that you have already started. Remember: procrastination is not only a thief of time out also a thief of life.
Step 7 Do something ever day that moves you in the direction of your goals.
Up next, law of competition in business. Stay tuned.
1. The Improver: If you operate your business predominately in the improver mode, you are focused on using your company as a means to improve the world. Your overarching motto is: morally correct companies will be rewarded working on a noble cause. Improvers have an unwavering ability to run their business with high integrity and ethics.
Personality Alert: Be aware of your tendency to be a perfectionist and over-critical of employees and customers.
Entrepreneur example: Anita Roddick, Founder of The Body Shop.
2. The Advisor: This business personality type will provide an extremely high level of assistance and advice to customers. The advisor’s motto is: the customer is right and we must do everything to please them. Companies built by advisors become customer focused.
Personality Alert: Advisors can become totally focused on the needs of their business and customers that they may ignore their own needs and ultimately burn out.
Entrepreneur example: John W. Nordstrom, Founder Nordstrom.
3. The Superstar: Here the business is centered on the charisma and high energy of the Superstar CEO. This personality often will cause you to build your business around your own personal brand. Mind your we are not talking of superheroes
Personality Alert: Can be too competitive and workaholics.
Entrepreneur example: Donald Trump, CEO of Trump Hotels & Casino Resorts.
4. The Artist: This business personality is the reserved but highly creative type. Often found in businesses demanding creativity such as web design and ad agencies. As an artist type you’ll tend to build your business around the unique creativity and talents you have.
Personality Alert: You may be overly sensitive to your customer’s responses even if the feedback is constructive. Let go the negative self-image.
5. The Visionary: A business built by a Visionary will often be based on the future vision and thoughts of the founder. You will have a high degree of curiosity to understand the world around you and will set-up plans to avoid the landmines.
Personality Alert: Visionaries can be too focused on the dream with little focus on reality. Action must precede vision.
Entrepreneurial example: Bill Gates, Founder of MicroSoft Inc.
6. The Analyst: If you run a business as an Analyst, your company is focus on fixing problems in a systematic way. Often the basis for science, engineering or computer firms, Analyst companies excel at problem solving.
Personality Alert: Be aware of analysis paralysis. Work on trusting others.
Entrepreneurial example: Intel Founder, Gordon Moore.
7. The Fireball: A business owned and operated by a Fireball is full of life, energy and optimism. Your company is life-energizing and makes customers feel the company has a get it done attitude in a fun playful manner.
Personality Alert: You may over commit your teams and act to impulsively. Balance your impulsiveness with business planning.
Entrepreneurial example: Malcolm Forbes, Publisher, Forbes Magazine.
8. The Hero: You have an incredible will and ability to lead the world and your business through any challenge. You are the essence of entrepreneurship and can assemble great companies.
Personality Alert: Over promising and using force full tactics to get your way will not work long term. To be successful, trust your leadership skills to help others find their way.
Entrepreneurial example: Jack Welch, CEO GE.
9. The Healer: If you are a Healer, you provide nurturing and harmony to your business. You have an uncanny ability to survive and persist with an inner calm.
Personality Alert: Because of your caring, healing attitude toward your business, you may avoid outside realities and use wishful thinking. Use scenario planning to prepare for turmoil.
Entrepreneurial example: Ben Cohen, Co-Founder Of Ben & Jerry’s Ice Cream.
Each business personality type can succeed in the business environment if you stay true to your character. Knowing firmly what your strong traits are can act as a compass for your small business. If you are building a team, this insight is invaluable. For the solo business owners, understand that you may need outside help to balance your business personality.