A successful entrepreneur; can I be one?
Good day friend as I welcome you into a new problem free week. Are you happy with that statement? If yes then see the image below.
Now let’s begin….
My friend, just because you are a CMO or the project manager does not mean you have what it takes to start a business. Everyone want to be Bill Gates, Alinko Dangote, Steve Jobs, Ted Nicholas, Brian Tracy, Jim Rohn, Mike litman, Rupert Murdock, Ross Perot and the list goes on. It’s a pity your name isn’t there but mine isn’t also.. Lol.
We all want to be swimming in billions or trillions of dollars but can I ask you some questions. I means let me drive you to thinking!
1) Can you persevere through tough times? Note:
Tough times never last but tough people do. You may have heard about the few who get to the top but have you heard about the majority that never did?
2) Do you have strong desire to be your own boss?
3) Does the judgement you make regularly turn out good?
4) Do you have the ability to conceptualize the whole of a business?
5) Do you posses the high level of energy, sustainable over long hours, to make a business successful?
6) Do you have significant business experience?
7) Above all can you die for your business?
Think through this questions because the task you are about to take looks like a suicide mission. But let’s get real. Setting up your own business can be very frustrating and don’t be surprised if you are termed,”freak”.
Truth be told; Not every successful business owners or entrepreneurs starts with a “yes” to all the questions asked, but three out of for “no’s” and undecided answers should make you think twice. Just because a friend makes $50000 from fishing does not mean you can dive in and start making what he is making out of fishing. You need stuffs.
These stuffs include:
1) Willingness to sacrifice
2) Interpersonal skills
3) Leadership abilities and optimism.
Seek extra training, support and study the top benchers for inspiration and insight. And don’t be afraid.
Friend! Am good to go right? See you next year! Lol..Just kidding.